In yesterday’s post we started to take a look at what you can do to live with purpose without getting overwhelmed by tackling too much at once. Today I thought I’d share a list of various things you can do to live more purposely and make a difference.
Browse through the list below and use it as inspiration for things you can do. Try what seems interesting or fun or use it as a starting point to come up with your own ideas.
Most importantly come up with a couple of small things and commit to doing them this week. It’s time to start living with purpose now.
At Home and At Work
Let’s start with a couple of meaningful and purposeful things you can do around your house and office:
• Organize your desk.
• Learn a new language or skill – try a program like Duolingo.
• Pick up a new hobby (or reconnect with an old one).
• Reconnect with old friends.
• Hand-Write Thank You notes.
• Plan a romantic dinner.
• Plant a garden – tabletop or windowsill works, too.
• Cook from scratch.
• Create a household budget.
• Take a continuing education class.
• Go back to college – online or in person.
In Your Local Community
Another great place to look at when it comes to living with purpose is your local community. What activities can you participate in, and what can you do to help out. Here are a few ideas to get you thinking about this:
• Help out an elderly neighbor.
• Trade babysitting services with a friend.
• Attend services and help out at a local church.
• Support local charities.
• Run a charity race.
• Help out at your child’s school.
• Volunteer at a local animal shelter or soup kitchen.
• Donate to a local food pantry.
In The World
Last but not least, there’s a lot you can do to make a difference in the world at large. Some of it will require travel and thus a bit more planning (not to mention money), but there’s also quite a bit you can do from home, thanks to the internet and our global connections. Here are a couple of ideas for you:
• Join and support charitable organizations.
• Learn about different cultures and languages.
• Support mission trips from your local community.
• Go on a mission trip for a cause you support
• Travel and explore different cultures.
• Provide financial support to your favorite causes.
• Become active on social media to raise awareness for a favorite charity.
I hope these ideas have inspired you to come up with your very own short list of simple things you can start doing right now to live with more purpose. Find one or two of them and start implementing them right away, then keep coming back to your list for inspiration and to add to it as we go through the rest of this 30 day challenge.